Your Milwaukee Weekend Guide: July 16- 18
1. Try out some weird beers at 'Weird Fest' hosted by Mobcraft Brewery
Weird Fest is back for the third year! For Mobcraft Brewery, this means celebrating their birthday in a WEIRD way. The crowd-sourced brewery will host Weird Fest Saturday, July 17th from noon until 10:00 pm. The event will include live music, street performers, food from local restaurants, and beer like any other that you have tasted before. Beers include:
• Zany Zucchini Bread: Witbier with cinnamon, vanilla, zucchini and walnuts
• Garden Fresh Mint Slapper: Sour ale with cucumber, mint, lemon, and a touch of rosemary
• Hell Hazed Over: Hazy IPA with hot habanero peppers
• Milopolitan: Barrel aged milk stout with strawberry and cacao nibs
• Crème of Mushroom: Barrel aged milk stout with mushrooms
• Dill Pickle Sour: Sour ale with dill, cucumber, red pepper flakes and garlic
• The Scotch Whale: Scotch barrel aged sour stout
2. Watch the Milwaukee Bucks Play in the NBA Finals at the Deer District
It's such an exciting time to be a Bucks fan! For the first time since 1974, the Milwaukee Bucks are in the NBA Finals and we're here for it! Head to the Deer District to see the bucks on not just one, not just two, but three jumbotron screens. Watch the city of Milwaukee come together to cheer on their favorite basketball team, and meet some friends in your new city.
3. Explore your new city by foot with the Sound Stage Audio Walking Tour
There’s no better way to explore downtown Milwaukee than by foot! Experience the history, humor and hidden treasures within the city while listening to four short sound bytes free of cost, made by the Milwaukee Rep. The walking tour is roughly 3 miles long and begins at the Central Branch of the Milwaukee Public Library (814 W. Wells St.) and ends at the War Memorial Center (750 N. Lincoln Memorial Drive).
To access the sound bytes and for more information on the walking tour, click here.
4. Place yourself in the middle of the Beyond Vincent Van Gough Exhibit
5. Unwind with the family Lakeside at 'Lakeside at MAM'
Unwind and relax during the weekend all summer long at Lakeside at MAM. Located just outside of the Milwaukee Art Museum, every Thursday- Sunday up until September 5th you can relax by lake Michigan, enjoy live music and even attend DIY art-making sessions outside!
For more information, click here.